Good news for some robotic owners

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all,

I've read some posts where some robots stick on drains. My Hayward QC Tiger shark never did, but recently it started to do so. I thought after replacing a broken track, and replacing the handle that had a leak [did not know this], that it would have been fixed. It was not.

Called Hayward, and they said they have a snap-on "high-velocity inlet" piece that raises the shark enough to go over the drains, yet it increases the suction as well. It's a no-charge and they shipped out this am when I called them. I would say that's pretty darn good customer service. I too criticize when something is not done right regardless, but I also provide constructive feedback when warranted as well.

So, if your shark has this issue, give them a call, there is a fix.

regards, tstex

Thanks for the heads up for Tiger Shark owners. Mine is still kicking as well and has the HV inlet. It still does get stuck on my MD occasionally but it seems to be less than when I have it off. I wish my drain cover were a bit lower profile with more sloped edges as I think that contributes to the sticking.

Thanks for the heads up for Tiger Shark owners. Mine is still kicking as well and has the HV inlet. It still does get stuck on my MD occasionally but it seems to be less than when I have it off. I wish my drain cover were a bit lower profile with more sloped edges as I think that contributes to the sticking.

Yeah, that single rectangular VGB compliant flush main drain is even more attractive to be now than before. The MD I didn't get mind you.

My MD's and Spa Drains are circular, w the center being a bit smaller ID than the OD, this creating the 30-45 incline.

Not sure of being on or off now has any bearing on robot getting stuck, but before it never became stuck either way. Yes on spa drain all the time bc it's flat to the pool flr. The MD's in pool are on a bit of a slope, so that's why b4 it did not become stuck. Here's a pick of my spa drain, which is the same make&model of MD's. BTW, what does VGB mean?

Thanks, tstex

PS - have no clue what "the white point and other" is just left of the drain on the spa bench...it's not visible when looking at spa

Attachments

• spa-drain.jpg
    spa-drain.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 47
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.