Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Good news for some robotic owners

1. Back To Top    #1

Good news for some robotic owners

Hello to all,

I've read some posts where some robots stick on drains. My Hayward QC Tiger shark never did, but recently it started to do so. I thought after replacing a broken track, and replacing the handle that had a leak [did not know this], that it would have been fixed. It was not.

Called Hayward, and they said they have a snap-on "high-velocity inlet" piece that raises the shark enough to go over the drains, yet it increases the suction as well. It's a no-charge and they shipped out this am when I called them. I would say that's pretty darn good customer service. I too criticize when something is not done right regardless, but I also provide constructive feedback when warranted as well.

So, if your shark has this issue, give them a call, there is a fix.

regards, tstex
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward H400FD 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Good news for some robotic owners

Thanks for the heads up for Tiger Shark owners. Mine is still kicking as well and has the HV inlet. It still does get stuck on my MD occasionally but it seems to be less than when I have it off. I wish my drain cover were a bit lower profile with more sloped edges as I think that contributes to the sticking.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by JVTrain View Post
    Thanks for the heads up for Tiger Shark owners. Mine is still kicking as well and has the HV inlet. It still does get stuck on my MD occasionally but it seems to be less than when I have it off. I wish my drain cover were a bit lower profile with more sloped edges as I think that contributes to the sticking.
    Yeah, that single rectangular VGB compliant flush main drain is even more attractive to be now than before. The MD I didn't get mind you.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

My MD's and Spa Drains are circular, w the center being a bit smaller ID than the OD, this creating the 30-45 incline.

Not sure of being on or off now has any bearing on robot getting stuck, but before it never became stuck either way. Yes on spa drain all the time bc it's flat to the pool flr. The MD's in pool are on a bit of a slope, so that's why b4 it did not become stuck. Here's a pick of my spa drain, which is the same make&model of MD's. BTW, what does VGB mean?

Thanks, tstex

PS - have no clue what "the white point and other" is just left of the drain on the spa bench...it's not visible when looking at spa
    Attached Images Attached Images
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward H400FD 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!