Automatic Pool Cleaner for Gunite Pool?

Apr 3, 2015
Huntersville, NC
Currently I have a Polaris 380 with the booster pump and I find it doesn't pick up all the debris in the pool and it continues to get stuck on our stairs and doesn't "unstick" itself. We've had two pool companies come out and both say it's working in great condition and they wouldn't replace it. To say I'm fed up is an understatement. HELP!

I've never owned a pressure cleaner but that seems to be moving quite fast in my opinion. I'm not sure how it can clean anything zipping around like that. And, as others have noted, it's dragging the tail-sweep behind it and the sweep is barely moving.

I'd bring it into a pool shop that does repairs and show them that video. I bet the repair guy would know what's going on.

On a separate note, after using my suction side cleaner for four seasons with mediocre results, I just purchased a robot cleaner. Worlds of difference and I'm so happy with it so far. Wish I hadn't waited as long as I did but I'm glad I made the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you are fed up and want to eliminate the booster pump, get a robot! My pressure side cleaner was still working just like day 1 (which is to say not that good) and I just threw it and it's booster to the side. But you will spend $500 - $1,000 which ain't chump change.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.