hgiljr

Jul 13, 2015
Miami, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello all. I had my pool replastered about 4 weeks ago so it's time to add the salt and startup the salt water chlorination. I'm looking for suggestions to salt brands to use as I'm not to fond of what my local pool store sells? Any feedback appreciated. Thanks

Most folks here buy solar salt from the hardware store; the kind you use in a water softener. You can "pool salt" from the pool store but it's not any better and its typically more expensive.

Good day all. Is it recommended to dilute the salt into a bucket first and then pour into pull or just spread each bag of salt around pool? I'm calculating around 8 bags for 12k gallons pool. Thanks

Nope. Just dump it in and brush it around. Try not to let it sit in one spot for extended periods of time. Having kids in the pool to splash and play helps with mixing.

It can take anywhere from 24-48hours for salt to properly mix and homogenize, so don't turn on any SWGs for a few days or else you'll get lots of LOW and HIGH salt errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all. I went to lowes and Walmart and I found the solar salt, but it's crystal type not granulated salt. Can I use these and will they dissolve as fast as the granulated pool salt? Let me know. Thanks.

All I ever use in my pool is solar salt from Lowe's.

It may not dissolve as fast but that really doesn't matter. It might take 30 minutes instead of 10 minutes. But actually my kids like to play with the salt while it's dissolving.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not complex just trying to do it right. I did before the pool store salt and it made us all itch even with all perfectly balanced. Trying to avoid it this time. Thanks again for all info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.