Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DE getting into pool

1. Back To Top    #1

DE getting into pool

Hello,

I have a Jandy DE filter similar to this one I found in a thread about cleaning a DE filter

The O-ring at the top of the tube is stretched out on mine and doesn't give a good seal. I have a new one on order, but haven't received it yet.

Do you think a bad seal on this could cause DE to get into the pool?

I'm going on the second year for the pool and I backwashed once last year and took the grid out and hosed it off probably 3 times last year. When I opened this year, I vacuumed alot of the stuff that got under the cover in the winter and took the grid out and cleaned it before I left town for a few weeks. I didn't notice any ripped elements so I'm hoping that's not the issue.

I used to work on pools 25 years ago when I was 20 years old and thought I knew what I was doing, but after finding this site and reading many of the other posts I realized I hardly knew anything. This is a great site, thanks to all.
    24K white plaster IG pool (2016), Jandy DE, Jandy 1.5 HP pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Hayward AquaRite 900 series SWG, Hayward H400DN heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DE getting into pool

DE coming back into the water happens when the grids are broken, torn or not placed on the manifold correctly. If you overload the grids, DE may come-back into the water

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: DE getting into pool

Thanks, I just found this DE in my pool on page 10. I'll check a few different things when I get a chance.
    24K white plaster IG pool (2016), Jandy DE, Jandy 1.5 HP pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Hayward AquaRite 900 series SWG, Hayward H400DN heater