Seacoast, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
This will be our 10th summer with our pool and we have had a TFP since day 1.

We have never opened or closed the pool ourselves, we've always had the PB do it, just because we didn't want to do the work. We're considering opening it ourselves this year.

I've read the sticky on pool opening. I feel pretty comfortable with everything except installing the ladder and the railing. There aren't any instructions on how to do that. Are there bolts or does gravity hold them in?

Also, somewhere along the line we lost the wrench to turn the screws holding the cover in place. Where would you recommend getting another? Amazon?

Below is a pic of the pool right after construction, before landscaping, so you can see the design of ladder and railing.

TIA

IMG_0195.JPG

If you can take a picture of the screw head it would help us prevent you buying the wrong type. I'm picturing Allen screws, but wildly guessing since I cant see it.

If there are no other set, or anchor screws, I am guessing it just slides in. Hopefully someone with that type can be of more help. Congrats on all your successes with TFP!

I have a similar ladder and mine uses a socket. When you put the ladder into the holes, pull the circular covers up so you can see the bolts and then tighten them up (finger tight). There is nothing to it.

A picture of your fastener or the exposed hole with the brass bolts would be helpful. Good luck and enjoy the savings!

We used to have a similar looking ladder on a pool in our house as a kid. It just slid in and out. Those metal sleeves cover the hole. I'd lift them up, and as said, if you see no screws or bolts, then just pull or push it in.

The cover is just takes an Allen wrench. Re the ladder: loosen the bolt, slip the ladder into place then tighten the bolt. It pulls a wedge that holds the ladder in place. Do not over tighten the bolts, gravity alone will help keep it in place. Just snug is fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.