Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What to do with CL200?

1. Back To Top    #1

What to do with CL200?

Hey everyone,
    I Have a 28k gal pool and am currently replumbing entire system above ground which includes Intelliflo 2vst pump, FNS PLus60 DE Filter Plumbed 2'' until it gets to pool plumbing circuits which are all 1 1/2" . 1 line for 3 returns , 1 line for skimmers, 1 line for Main Drain and 1 for the pool cleaner. I was thinking of running my CL200 off line with 1" pipe so not to lose flow(GPM) (The pump is also used to run Polaris 360 (no booster pump) on the separate 1 1/2" cleaning line. Is this feasible and would I accomplish getting more flow (GPM) through system and continue to properly chlorinate pool. Just seems like the pathway through the CL200 is very restrictive, Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x36 lazy L,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What to do with CL200?

If the pathway is restricted you're not going to want to choke the water with a smaller pipe the pump will have to work harder to get the same flow through the pipe. It can all be done, you'll probably be running at around 2.2-2.4k RPMs which is still 60 more efficient than your old single speed.

3. Back To Top    #3

What to do with CL200?

Thanks for the quick reply, Maybe I didn't word it correctly. I would run the Cl200 off line with the 1", taking it off the 2" line to improve flow on the 2" line... It just seems leaving the Cl200 on a 2" (main line) is restricting its capabilities? Thanks again

18x36 lazy L,

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: What to do with CL200?

You're going to want flow going to your chlorinator. I sell replacement parts to new VSP owners because the flow dissolves the tablets into a nice chalk that gums the line and destorys the regulator, o ring and tubes. They make new chlorinators for this reason, obviously don't go out and spend 90 bucks on a new chlorinator. It's restricting flow no matter where you put it on the line. As long as its checked and getting as much flow at the end of the line youre going to be in good shape.