Question about pebble tec

Apr 8, 2017
Hesperia, CA
Hi all...

Quick question. When the forum refers to "Plaster" is plaster and pebble tec synonymous?

Reason I ask is because I'm setting up a new pool with pebble tec and I have seen a term or two that are used synonymous like bleach and liquid chlorine.

Thanks.....

Yes, plaster, pebble, quartz and glass beads are all plaster finishes. Those media are all set in regular pool plaster. So, follow the plaster guidelines for pool care.

Also, yes, liquid chlorine, liquid shock and bleach are all chemically the same product with varying strengths. All are sodium hypochlorite.

M,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all new pool owners... :shark:

Yes, Pebble Tec is a particular type of plaster.

In general everyone calls plaster with small pebbles in it Pebble Tec, but many plasters have small pebbles in them. Real "Pebble Tec" is a brand name like Kleenex.. and can only be installed by licensed dealers.

Looking at your signature I see a couple of questions????

If you have an EasyTouch, I'm puzzled why you have a 1.5 HP pump? The EasyTouch is designed for the 3 HP Intelliflo, so I'd make sure the ET can control your pump...

Not sure if you have reviewed this site much, but we are not great fans of Ozone systems.. How do you plan to Chlorinate your pool?

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Welcome to TFP!

Make sure to register your finish with Pebble Tec International if it is a pebble tec brand finish. They will send you startup instructions. I've had two friends at church require warranty service, both times it was a hassle. Keeping good records is key to getting PTI to honor warranty claims. We followed our PTI startup instructions to a tee, and our surface looks amazing, no scaling at all. Keep on top of your pH daily during the first few weeks, our Pebble Tec installer sent us a postcard explicitly disclaiming any scaling as "chemistry issues".

Make sure to get a high quality test kit like the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006. Enjoy your new pool, this site is a great reference.

Hi all...

Quick question. When the forum refers to "Plaster" is plaster and pebble tec synonymous?

Reason I ask is because I'm setting up a new pool with pebble tec and I have seen a term or two that are used synonymous like bleach and liquid chlorine.

Thanks.....

Well so far, it is working just fine. Our pump is cycling through the schedule. However funny thing you mention the intelliflo 3HP. Per our pool contract, we were suppose to get a 3 HP pump and the contractor installed the 1.5HP. He told us something about if we got the 3HP pump, that it would short cycle because we dont have that large of volume of water in our pool. Needles to say, this experience with this particular contractor has been purely horrific. No exaggeration !!!

As for the Ozone, I started the pool with chemicals before the ozone was installed. Right after the plaster went in, we waited 3 days, then we filled the pool with water. So it has been almost a month before our contractor got the Ozone going. During that month, I have been adding chlorine and acid just trying to keep my PH up. As far as Chlorine, my levels have been all over the place. I just got a Taylor K-2006 test kit. So I am able to get accurate numbers now.

Our contractor has been real shady this whole process. We made a huge mistake going with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.