Can I start my algae assault over a rainy weekend?

Jun 11, 2009
My test kit from from Trouble Free kits is supposed to arive today or tomorrow. Once it arives I am going to get a good handle on my baseline levels, and I want to get to work. I have already turned the pool from wetlands to milky blue, but I am stuck at that stage. Understandable, since I was shooting blind up until this point.

Unfortunately it looks like the weather forecast is a dud for the next few days. Normally I would be out doing other things but the bad weather means I am home for the weekend.

Is it a bad idea to begin shocking the pool during a spell of bad weather?

I want to take advantage of this time at home, but I also don't want to waste a bunch of $$$ on chlorine if it is going to be less effective because of the weather.

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!

Shocking the pool in the rain is fine, but thunderstorms or other major storms are not so good. Shocking in the rain is good in a way because the reduced sunlight means more of the chlorine goes towards killing algae. Of course you will get wet :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.