Help with build- quick

Long story short, our pool she'll has been poured and backed fill was done yesterday. Our yard is a slope and we stressed over and over we didn't want to have a water runoff issue. Now after backfill, the pool is still very much higher than our house, causing alot of dirt to go against the back of our sunroom. It makes like a ditch area and we didn't want this all to be so high up...nothing I guess we can do now but I stressed this, even when we got other quotes. What can we do here is anything???View attachment 59095View attachment 59096View attachment 59095View attachment 59096

I would want some sort of retaining wall put in place. I would also be thinking about drainage between that retaining wall and your house. I realize I'm spending your money, but I would also consider using paver stones or something between the wall and your house.

wow...that's a lot of backfill! I see your concern...the pool could've been placed lower and the hillside on the left would just be a bit bigger (but it would be level with your house).

Did they admit it was an error?

Maybe they can split the cost of adding a nice wall?

What about a lot less of that dirt and much more gradual slope back toward the house. I'm no engineer so that may come into play, but I don't think the pool necessarily needs all of that for support - others can correct that. A more gradual slope back toward the house would help. Don't know how big the deck is going to be either though - is all of that going to be concrete or decking on top of what they have filled in?

Sorry, I guess I'm not seeing the problem them - other than them not creating a step down off the deck onto the concrete. Is the dirt and concrete going to meet the side of the house (sunroom) as well?

If so, then you need to put in a french drain along the house for water to run off in. If it's not meeting the house (but is meeting the deck), then it looks like a wall is needed on that lower side. Again, a french drain will take any water away from the base of that wall.

If you're worried about water on the concrete deck running off, put in a couple drains.

If I'm all wrong, where is the water going to run-off that you are concerned about?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.