New pool, pump turns off after a few minutes!

Jul 6, 2008
Hi there, I have a new system I am attempting to set up for a very small above ground intex pool. I have a proper Waterway 1/8 hp pump which is wired through a spa heater, the wiring was done for me by an electrician neighbor of mine. We just connected up all the hoses and got the water flowing through all the hoses but after a few minutes the pump stops running. When I disconnect and reconnect the electricity the pump starts again for a few minutes, then stops. Any troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Orlee

At first the water wasn't flowing strongly because the hoses weren't set up the right way around but we quickly switched them around and now the water goes through very strongly, but only for a few minutes before it switches off again. It did seem to be getting hot the first few times when water wasn't surging through. What do you suggest?
Thanks so much,
Orlee

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.