Aqua Rite electronic chloring generator

I have an Aqua Rite electronic chlorine generator-T cell 9. It has been working well for over 7 years. It worked fine all winter but suddenly isn't procuding any chlorine. I have inspected it on a regular basis and cleaned it a number of times even though I have never seen any scale buildup. The light inspect cell has been flashing for awhile. My salt level is fine. Does anyone know what the life of this cell might be?

Ditto. I am starting season 6 on mine. I've seen reports of cells lasting 8 to 10 years on the high end. You might want to start shopping around so you are ready to buy when the time comes. INYO Pools and Sunplay are good online resources for pool stuff.

Post all the diagnostic readings while it is on it. The readings will let us know what is happening with the cell.

If the cell doesn't have scale on it don't clean it with acid. The inspect cell warning is programmed to flash automatically after so many hours and has nothing to do with the performance of the cell.

D,

I think you threw us off in your first post which says... "I have inspected it on a regular basis and cleaned it a number of times even though I have never seen any scale buildup." :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I looked very closely at it this time before and after cleaning and still didn't see any scale. The lady that cleaned it said she could see scale but I couldn't. It isn't very obvious. Sorry if I threw you off. Since I could not see any scale I was thinking it might be something else.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.