How long to wait after adding bleach and cya test question

hsmom

Jun 16, 2009
I am converting over to the BBB method as I am using up existing chemicals. I have used the Pool Calculator and it is amazing.

I have three questions:

If beach is needed in the pool to prepare for a heavy load of swimmers, how long after it is put in, can the kids into the pool?

I am interested in using my fountain to aerate my water - I think I read that is good for ph? Regardless, it helps keep the birds away from the pool :eek:) Will my fountain be sufficient for this over some of the aerators I have read about on the forum? Would it be best to have the water shoot up as a fountain, or bring it down to the water level to move the water around?

Finally, the CYA test that this forum recommends - is it better than what my local pool supply store uses? (they use a computerized test called PINPOINT)

Thanks for the help!

Re: How long to wait after adding bleach and queston about

you can raise the chlorine level 2-3ppm in anticipation if you want. give it 30 minutes or so.
aeration is done to raise ph. generally it is done when you're trying to lower your TA. see the article in pool-school/
yes it is. your own pool test kit (not cya test kit, though it does come with a cya test) will always be better than any pool store. if you mean you only want the cya part of the test kit, then yes again, your own readings are almost always going to be more accurate, especially once you get used to doing it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.