New Build - Central California

ryan-california

Gold Supporter
Apr 11, 2017
modesto ca
Hi everyone!

Demo started yesterday and we are digging today. Overall details - pool is 40x15 with a 5x20 shelf, rectangle. I'll post pictures etc... shortly. Been lurking on TFP for a while - thanks for all the great info and details!!!

I'll update my signature shortly with details :) Just getting excited and wanted to share. Project is rocking and rolling fast!!

Picture is a segment of the overall project (scrape the yard to the ground and start over) - we will also be building a poolside bathroom, and adding a large 40x15 covered patio. It's gonna be fun!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 1.30.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 1.30.50 PM.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,033
First one in! Oh yeah! HI! So glad you found us now!

Okay, so if you have been reading you KNOW what I am going to ask for!

-pic of the yard where the pool is going

-complete list of equipment

-color chooses with pics

That should get us started!

Kim:kim:

Here is a pic of the backyard yesterday evening - post demo.

We have yet to pick tile and are going to do a slightly custom version of Wet Edge Altima, French Grey - a bit extra dark. I'll send a photo of a friends pool with the same color we are doing this evening as well as equipment we plan on doing :)

Attachments

• IMG_2903 - mid.jpg
    IMG_2903 - mid.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,012
I LOVE my sand filter! It is SO easy! and I can add some DE to it to help polish the water with out all of the work of a real DE filter!

That yard NEEDS a pool!

I like the 4 lights. Nice job!

I see the auto fill. Make sure they add a overfill drain that goes to a open area for rain or forgotten hoses :)roll: IF someone would remember to set the timer this MIGHT not happen)

Kim:kim:

So here is the photo from tonight. Dig is taking a bit longer as we had a GIANT mulberry tree that was cut and ground out - the roots however remained as a massive underground ball of tree that took a few hours to dig out.

I'll ask on the overfill drain, good call!

IMG_0365 - low.jpg

They were at school, so no digging for the kiddos. It's amazing how fast those machines can clear a yard. We had grass and concrete and trees just a few short weeks ago. 2 days to clear cut the yard, and in 2 days it's a dirt pile. Mighty machines! It's pretty awesome to watch them work. Things that would easily take me a day or more to do, are done in a heartbeat with those things.

-ryan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
d99893f01f4c755d92aa93ce54638ab6.jpg

Just a sampling of the roots we yanked up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 3 - plumbing is done. Steel starts tomorrow, and if we can get the inspection in time (unlikely) we could gunite Friday. I expect that will be pushed to Saturday or next week some time.

9212594d97999c30293eb68f0c602416.jpg

From a house corner:
74dfb4b8dc022bafe8b6331a80418c23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.