New Build - Central California

He did not do that!!!!!!!!!!!! UNREAL! That is REALLY going over and above!!! You had quite a root farm going on there! Grill that man a steak!

Your pool looks awesome! Did they have any idea or such to run by you?

:hug: now go bond with your pool! LOL

AND here is your set of links:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

What test kit is your AWESOME PB getting you?

Kim:kim:

He did not do that!!!!!!!!!!!! UNREAL! That is REALLY going over and above!!! You had quite a root farm going on there! Grill that man a steak!

Your pool looks awesome! Did they have any idea or such to run by you?

:hug: now go bond with your pool! LOL

AND here is your set of links:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

What test kit is your AWESOME PB getting you?

Kim:kim:

I'm not sure what kit he is getting, but I know what one I'm buying :)

The boys and I stacked up the roots in prep for the trailer tomorrow or Wednesday. Uh.... yeah... I'm not sure if the pool build or root demo is more impressive. Wow! There are sooooo many of those things.

d0fff07110e215962b344bd07015e409.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! I like how the lines of the pool compliment the lines of your house. I can't wait to see it completed.

We are super excited. The guy who designed it all is simply amazing. His eye for our style house is great. We'll end up extending the roofline parallel to the pool eventually to have a nice big covered patio as well. The design makes it looks like it was just built that way on purpose.

Thanks - the crew from Burkett's does an amazing job! They will be doing our plaster as well. There are a couple of specific subs that are known as top notch around here (and some to avoid) - Burkett's for gunite and plaster is the go to, one of the best!

When we picked out our builder, I asked about excavation and gunite/plaster - if they didn't use two specific companies, it was a red flag for me. The good news, on top of going above and beyond, is that our builder works with these two firms all the time.

The gunite was shot not a day too soon! It's been raining pretty consistently since around 4pm yesterday. The gunite was in, and starting what will be a very nice slow wet cure!

We have a good sized puddle from just the rain at the bottom of the pool already. I decided to put a touch of water on the walls just to be sure this am - it wasn't needed - but I'll keep doing it regardless :)

The temps here will rise slowly this week up to around 80 over the weekend. We couldn't have asked for better cure weather.

The yard is a muddy disaster, but that's what doors are for!! :)

Tile maybe Friday or Saturday.

Looking soooooooooooo good, Ryan! The crew did a really beautiful job on the gunite. I love reading your thread because the excitement just jumps off the page. I know your kiddos think they're in heaven now with all that mud and fun, but wait until the pool gets filled up and they can invite all their friends for a swim. I smell hamburgers and hot dogs already....!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking soooooooooooo good, Ryan! The crew did a really beautiful job on the gunite. I love reading your thread because the excitement just jumps off the page. I know your kiddos think they're in heaven now with all that mud and fun, but wait until the pool gets filled up and they can invite all their friends for a swim. I smell hamburgers and hot dogs already....!

Thanks :). We are excited. Had a water fight in the gunite today while I got it all wet. The kids had a blast! It was a good marker of times to come :)

Not a ton of activity this week as we ordered tile.

A bit of grading work today to fill in trenches and get the site ready for the next phases.

a4d310e28c3f4da2fe334f42c2ba6b0e.jpg

I did some shopping for steel posts and caps for the foundation work we are doing soon, so some progress is being made there. I expect we'll get most of the major site work done next week for inspection prior to pouring a boat load of concrete.

Tile will be done tomorrow. I spent my day digging foundation footers next to the house for our future patio cover and making sure we are good with the city for the bathroom we are adding. Everything checked out and we are moving along.

Hopefully this coming week will be final site work be we'll start concrete. It all depends on timing of rough plumbing as well as when I get my steel posts that need to be sunk 4'6" into the ground! Deep footers to dig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Indeed! Speedy speedy!

Hopefully we get formed up for concrete next week! I dug out the foundation footers, so once my hardware arrives and we can weld it up, we can pour! Grading and some rough plumbing next :)

Here are a couple tile shots:

e609b308419dc76862658c164c672409.jpg

a563ac68594bdbd727b80f4ea1c0f8aa.jpg

d2725a2ba2ce089c6f03ff08562249c6.jpg

Ryan, just coming across your thread now. Love it so far. Do you have any design pics of the covered patio you are building? It's almost exactly the same size as ours (40x16). Your space planning also looks similar to ours.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.