Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: New Build - Central California

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build - Central California

Hi everyone!

Demo started yesterday and we are digging today. Overall details - pool is 40x15 with a 5x20 shelf, rectangle. I'll post pictures etc... shortly. Been lurking on TFP for a while - thanks for all the great info and details!!!

I'll update my signature shortly with details Just getting excited and wanted to share. Project is rocking and rolling fast!!

Picture is a segment of the overall project (scrape the yard to the ground and start over) - we will also be building a poolside bathroom, and adding a large 40x15 covered patio. It's gonna be fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Build - Central California

First one in! Oh yeah! HI! So glad you found us now!

Okay, so if you have been reading you KNOW what I am going to ask for!

-pic of the yard where the pool is going

-complete list of equipment

-color chooses with pics

That should get us started!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Here is a pic of the backyard yesterday evening - post demo.

We have yet to pick tile and are going to do a slightly custom version of Wet Edge Altima, French Grey - a bit extra dark. I'll send a photo of a friends pool with the same color we are doing this evening as well as equipment we plan on doing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In Ground Gunite Pool - UNDER CONSTRUCTION. 40x15 rectangle 3.5/5/4 sport, plus 20x5 shelf.
    Pentair TR-140 Sand Filter, Intelliflow VS Pump, Easy Touch 4, 6 GloBright LED's, Rebel Cleaner with Autofill

4. Back To Top    #4

Equipment details:

Pentair 520 Cartridge Filter (considering swapping to sand... thoughts?)
    Pentair Intelliflow VS Pump
    Intermatic Sub Panel
    Pentair GloBright LED's (4)
    Pentair Rebel Cleaner
    Autofill
    In Ground Gunite Pool - UNDER CONSTRUCTION. 40x15 rectangle 3.5/5/4 sport, plus 20x5 shelf.
    Pentair TR-140 Sand Filter, Intelliflow VS Pump, Easy Touch 4, 6 GloBright LED's, Rebel Cleaner with Autofill

5. Back To Top    #5

I LOVE my sand filter! It is SO easy! and I can add some DE to it to help polish the water with out all of the work of a real DE filter!

That yard NEEDS a pool!

I like the 4 lights. Nice job!

I see the auto fill. Make sure they add a overfill drain that goes to a open area for rain or forgotten hoses ( IF someone would remember to set the timer this MIGHT not happen)

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

So here is the photo from tonight. Dig is taking a bit longer as we had a GIANT mulberry tree that was cut and ground out - the roots however remained as a massive underground ball of tree that took a few hours to dig out.

I'll ask on the overfill drain, good call!

IMG_0365 - low.jpg

7. Back To Top    #7

The boys had a good time seeing how big the pool would be
    IMG_0368.jpg

8. Back To Top    #8

Just be glad you had a machine to dig that thing out! Think of just the boys with shovels LOL

Did the digger let the boys "help" drive the machine?

Kim

9. Back To Top    #9

They were at school, so no digging for the kiddos. It's amazing how fast those machines can clear a yard. We had grass and concrete and trees just a few short weeks ago. 2 days to clear cut the yard, and in 2 days it's a dirt pile. Mighty machines! It's pretty awesome to watch them work. Things that would easily take me a day or more to do, are done in a heartbeat with those things.

-ryan

10. Back To Top    #10

So I was going to post a picture of the mulberry tree roots, but it looks like I'm out of space for attachments. How does one fix that? Thanks

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

If you become a Supporter it comes with greatly increased storage space. https://www.troublefreepool.com/foru...upporter/page3
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    If you become a Supporter it comes with greatly increased storage space. https://www.troublefreepool.com/foru...upporter/page3
    Thanks . Done!

13. Back To Top    #13

^ Love the badge! Now lets see those roots!
    Spring 2017 Build 14x30 FF 12,000 gallon IG plaster w/ blue quartz. 3 LED color lights. Tanning ledge. Raised spa w/ 3 spillways. 1 sheer descent from raised side wall. Jandy Pro Series Aqua Pure SWG (40,000 gallons), Jandy Pro Series Variable Speed Pump, Jandy Pro Series Large Tank Cartridge Filters CL460, Jandy Pro Series JXi Pool and Spa Natural Gas Heater (400,000 BTU). Maytronics A20 robot. TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

15. Back To Top    #15

Just a sampling of the roots we yanked up!

16. Back To Top    #16

WOW! Incredible.

Your backyard is going to be a paradise in no time. I'm looking forward to watching your build.
    Spring 2017 Build 14x30 FF 12,000 gallon IG plaster w/ blue quartz. 3 LED color lights. Tanning ledge. Raised spa w/ 3 spillways. 1 sheer descent from raised side wall. Jandy Pro Series Aqua Pure SWG (40,000 gallons), Jandy Pro Series Variable Speed Pump, Jandy Pro Series Large Tank Cartridge Filters CL460, Jandy Pro Series JXi Pool and Spa Natural Gas Heater (400,000 BTU). Maytronics A20 robot. TF-100 Test Kit

17. Back To Top    #17

wow!! that's a big-big pool...congrats and keep sharing more pics.

18. Back To Top    #18

Love the badge! MORE pictures to enjoy!

That is a HUGE root ball! LOL the kids did not stand a chance getting that one out!

Kim

19. Back To Top    #19

Day 3 - plumbing is done. Steel starts tomorrow, and if we can get the inspection in time (unlikely) we could gunite Friday. I expect that will be pushed to Saturday or next week some time.

From a house corner:

20. Back To Top    #20

Nice progress! I am really hoping it does not rain in your area! That is a LOT of dirt!

Kim

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast