Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete equipment pad sloped or level

1. Back To Top    #1

Concrete equipment pad sloped or level

I am in the middle of redoing our pool equipment pad and piping. The new pad (about 10' x 6') is about to be poured and a question came up that I hadn't considered - what should the fall be to aid in drainage? My contractor is suggesting 1/4" per foot. It seems part of the point of the pad is to make sure the equipment is level, but it also makes sense to want it to shed water. What's everyone's opinion on a level or sloped pad?

Thanks!
    35k gal IG plaster (25 x 45ft), 3HP Intelliflo FX, Pentair Quad DE 100, Intellichlor IC60 SWG, Polaris 280 w/ PB4 booster pump, Raypak P-R406A

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Concrete equipment pad sloped or level

For a small pad level would probably be ok. Your pad is on the larger side or I would personally want it sloped. I just poured my pad, only a 3' x 6' and I made it slope 1/4" in the 3' direction just so water doesnt puddle.
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Vinyl liner (replaced in 2018) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump / Stenner pump (85MHP17) w/55 gallon storage tank / Pentair heat pump HP1200 (To be installed) / TF100 Test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Concrete equipment pad sloped or level

My pad is sloped because it is part of the patio poured next to the house. The components don't care if they are a few degrees off level. It's more important to have a solid base that isn't going to sink or tilt in a few years. If I did a new 10 x 6 pad I would probably put some slope on it, especially if it is near the house.
    Dave in Phoenix, AZ, USA
    12,000 gallon IG (5' max depth) , Pebble-tec,
    Hayward SP2303 Maxflo 1.65 HP, Triton TR60 sand filter, 1 skimmer, Pool Devil skimmer, 3 returns, 1 aerator port, Navigator suction-side sweep, Hayward valve actuator, Rainbird sprinkler timer used for valve automation and chlorine injection. Softened water used for makeup.