Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Massive rain storm

1. Back To Top    #1

Massive rain storm

Hey guys & gals,

Massive rain storm here in central Texas overnight and this morning. We had roughly 10 inches over the last 12-14 hours. Anything special that I need to do or watch out for with this much rain as far as pool care? I checked chlorine this morning when I left and it was lower from dilution I assume so I dumped 1/2 jug of bleach in to get back up to recommended levels. I will try and check other levels later if I can. Do you guys have a typical routine that you have found you have to do when you get a massive rain?
    19K gal w/ spa, IG pebble, Pentair Quad DE filter, Pentair intelliflo variable speed pump, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Legend cleaner, Pentair Mastertemp heater, built Sept 2016

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Massive rain storm

ha ha. No worries. Most important is equipment. Make sure the pump stays above floodwaters. Once this blast goes past us, adjust waterline level and test all chemicals. Hopefully you won't experience any grass/mud run-off into the pool.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Massive rain storm

Water made it to the base of the pumps before the rain stopped. I hope all survived.
    19K gal w/ spa, IG pebble, Pentair Quad DE filter, Pentair intelliflo variable speed pump, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Legend cleaner, Pentair Mastertemp heater, built Sept 2016