New 20 x 48 AG

Re: New 18 x 52 AG

Help with figuring how much bleach I need at start up?

Sent from my LG-AS330 using Tapatalk
That is what Pool Math is for.

Enter your pool's gallons up top, then go to the FC section (right under gallons) and enter the current FC in the NOW column, and your desired target in the TARGET column.

Be sure you enter the correct strength for the bleach, either 8.25% for laundry bleach, or 10% or 12.5% for pool $tore bleach.

Remember, your FC is based off of your CYA

PoolMath

Chlorine CYA Chart

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: With new water at start-up, we advise keeping free chlorine (FC) levels on the low end until the appropriate amount of stabilizer/condition (CYA) is added to the water to protect swimmers/equipment. A pool your size wouldn't take much - about 2-3cups or so.

If you haven't done so already, please review the TFP Pool School link (top of page or in my sig) and the Recommended Chemicals/Levels links as well. Of course we hope you have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006 test kit or else everything is guesswork. Pools react quickly to poor testing so be very careful about that. Hope that helps. Nice to have you with us.

Hi I have found a great deal on 20 x 48 ag ultra frame inter pool...what kind and size pump should I buy to upgrade tube tiny and that comes with it? I thought about sand but have read a lot of troubles come withthst one.

Much will depend on what you want to spend and what you want to clean. While you have your concerns about sand, many get them because they are so easy to clean - basically turn a valve to backwash & rinse. DE filters are the same, but then you have to maintain the grids with DE and you may not want to get into all of that. Cartridge filters are fairly easy, just pull them out occasionally and rinse them off. But for your new/proposed pool size of about 28K, I would recommend a 420 sq ft size filter (has 4 cartridges) which allows for more time between cleanings as long as the water is TFP clear. I found the smaller 320 sq ft filter HERE just so you can get an idea of the price. But even if you go sand, try to go a little larger for better efficiency. Also keep in mind that the pump you chose will play a part in that as well to ensure the match-up properly.

Thank you !

- - - Updated - - -

My thread says 18 x 52 but we found a deal on 20 x 48 so we got it instead. Not sure how to change thread title.
Anyways we got it up may 7th.
Its beautiful crystal clear is give it a 10!
Readings are today :
Fc 4
PH 7.5
CC 0
TA 60
CYA 38

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I updated your thread title for you. :) As for your test results, those are overall good numbers. Make sure to test the FC each day to ensure it doesn't dip below 3. Based on your CYA, the ideal FC range is between 5-7. The TX sun is coming, so FC will drop a little faster each day. Soon you may even elect to increase CYA to 50 for more protection from the sun. Just depends on how much sunlight your water receives each day. Have a great day.

I have thousands of very tiny yellow bugs that survive and live in my pool skimmer and filter pump....how do I get rid of them? My water is resding great! Even over night test is awesome.
Fc 5
Ph 7.5
Ta 70
Cc 0
Cya 40 ( just added yesterday how long until Cya is settled enough for true reading ?)

Texas bugs are something else. We get all types. The best thing I use is my skimmer sock. For that I use a 1 gallon paint strainer net and slip it inside my skimmer basket. It does a great job catching those little buggers. The only time I can't do much about bugs is when the wind is blowing in the opposite direction as my skimmer. :hammer:

The rain is great but pool readings not so good.
Fc 6
Ph 8.2
Ta 70
Cya 40
That was before I added MA yesterday morning.
Last night readings.
Fc 6
Ph 7.2
Ta 50
Cya 30
Where do i go from here ?
I added 30 oz baking soda last night
And 13 oz bleach
Was going to retest this morning and add Cya ?
Im using Taylor test 100
Is there a way to lower ph when needed and noteffec ta so much or vice versa ?

Thanks!
My new readings look kinda like my last ones due to almost 10" of rain in 2 weeks !
Fc 6
Ph 7.5
Cya 40 still tryingt to get it to 50.
Ta 70
Ch 25
Cc 0
I add 19-32 oz of 8.25% bleach each day.
I add MA ad needed to drop it to 7.2 because the rain brings it back up in a few days.
Will recheck Cya Tuesday.
Water is amazingly crystle clear ! We had 7 kids in the pool for 2 days all day long each day!

How do i keep my ph in check better. I get it down and in a day and a half its back up.
My readings are
Fc 6
Ph 8.2
Ta 70
Do I need to up my TA to 80?
It wad 80 but with all tube acid I have to add I can't keep it there.
Im now using dry acid due so much wind and I just wanted to see if there was a easier way to get ph down. It works great but just like with MA ph jumps back up in 24 - 36 hrs.
Please help me figure this out.
Thanks in advance

TA will help to buffer your pH (keep it stable). Your TA could be another 10 to 20 ppm higher. Don't go too high though, if you goo too high with TA it will cause your pH to drift up.

Don't worry too much about your CYA right now. CYA can take a few days to fully dissolve and disperse. I keep my around 40 myself, and I add about a quart of bleach a day with pretty much full sun.. Suits me just fine. Keep in mind that my pool is over twice the volume of yours, so that would be about 2 Cups a day for you.

-dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.