Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I think i actually have to add CYA!

1. Back To Top    #1

I think i actually have to add CYA!

So I started with the TFP method 2 years ago after finding out what CYA really does and how it is the cause of a lot of issues if it gets to super high numbers. I was way over 200 god only knows what it was. I was able after much draining to get it below 80, got a stenner and its been smooth sailing since. Had one issue when I was on vac with a clog in the stenner but thats it. PH, TA have all been stable, CYA has been slowly coming down over the last 18 months. So I just did a full look at the numbers and my CYA is around 30, I think I actually have to bring it up. Question is how much? 60?

FC 7
    CC 0
    CYA 30-35
    PH 7.6
    TA 70

Pool has been great for 18 months all I do is put chlorine in the stenner that it!
    Location Charlotte NC. Pool is a IG vinyl liner, 18X36 lagoon approx. 20,000 gallons odd shaped pool with different depths. 2 skimmers, 3 returns. Hayward 1HP pump, Hayward cartridge filter, Hayward chlorine feeder, Laars 250,000 BTU heater. Stenner pump with #2 tube for chlorine injection. Leslie branded Taylor test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I think i actually have to add CYA!

For your area 40ppm should be pretty good, but if you notice losing more FC than you expect or if your pool gets a lot of sun you can bring it up to 50ppm.

Use PoolMath for the details.

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard