To all S, SE and vicinity Texas inground pool owners/and similar places

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all,

Just in the last 3-4 days, the Houston area weather has changed [hotter w more sunshine, and a bit windier].

I have noticed, even after filling my pool to right below the drain-line, that the water level is dropping quicker than the last 6-7 months. Have other pool owners in Texas near the Houston area or 100+/- miles [and similar like environments], been experiencing much faster than normal water level drops too? Just trying to determine if this is pure evaporation or do I possibly have something else happening? I certainly hope not the latter.

Also, not running any water features of any extended periods. I have fired-up the spa lately. which is a spillover into the pool.

Thank you very much,
tstex

TS,

The windier it is the more evaporation you get..

I lose about 1/8" to 1/4" per day. I end up adding water about every 7 to 10 days.

I used my "OCD" bucket tester and confirmed that I do not have a pool leak..

Thanks,

Jim R.

What is the process to calibrate that ocd bucket??? :-D

Each threaded rod has a nut near the top. Once the tester is set up in the pool you adjust the nuts so that they both point to the same line.

So, if the pool and the bucket have the same loss over a period of time, the nuts will be lower on the scale, but still point to the same line.

Lines are half an inch apart.

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
AP and others...NICE RAINS today in West Hou...."my pool water runneth over". no evapo today !!!

Probably lowered my CYA, CH, FC and raised my pH, but kept from raising my water bill...think I'll fire-up the spa tonight and enjoy the cooler air too - cheers

Pat, does your pool have a side-drain?
Unfortunately no. No overfill relief. So what I have to do is use my foundation. I can swivel the PVC away from the pool and pump-out water that way. If I didn't have that, I would have to rely on my small water spigot valve at the bottom of my cartridge filter which is very slow.

Unfortunately no. No overfill relief. So what I have to do is use my foundation. I can swivel the PVC away from the pool and pump-out water that way. If I didn't have that, I would have to rely on my small water spigot valve at the bottom of my cartridge filter which is very slow.

Well then, at least you have 2 options, the former being a lot better.

I have submersible pump I bought to drain where my foundation was going for the summer kitchen which was built w the pool there was a 2ft x 2ft beam the entire perimeter of a 22' x 38' slab, and a 9ft x 4.5ft x 4ft deep rectangle for the fireplace slab. Also had (12) 10ft x 16" bell-bottom piers w 3ft bell-bottoms too. It rained so much that water was coming over the forms...there were also 3 2ftx2ft crossbeams too. It took 7.5 hrs to pump out about 6000 gals...When the foundation guys came the follow day, they had one of those hand suction pumps...it would have taken them 4-5 days w that thing...lol I'll have to post the pics of the before and after sometime...

- - - Updated - - -

Been seeing the same thing south of Houston as well, losing between 1/2 and one inch a day for the past week.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks Chris - looks like just a lot of evap...glad I didn't have a leak...:D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.