new filter

Jun 18, 2009
hello all im in the process of overhauling my pool that hasn't seen sunlight in 3 years now the new liner came in today now im to the filter that i didnt think was doing the best job last time it was open so im open to suggestions here are my specks...18x33 above ground 15,000 gal. with center drain the filter is a aqua tools at3120 sand filter(2.18 ft2 surface area,44gpm filter rate,20 gpm filter rate with 200lbs of sand) which is a few years old running off a old 1hp jacuzzi pump...should i just change the pump out for a new higher hp motor? or change the whole set up?..also whats your input on these floor liners are they worth it? thanx

Welcome to TFP.

Don't go with a bigger pump. You could get by with a 3/4HP pump with your pool. I'd open the filter and inspect it to see what condition the laterals are in before making a decision.

the tank is like new i store it in doors when not used but i keep hearing bigger is better i am also liking a big cartridge filter but im looking for the easiest to maintain as this is the last time im gonna deal with it the next time it gets filled with sod

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.