Keeping sand filter outside during winter

I know its a little early to be thinking about this but I was wondering if you could keep a sand filter and pump outside during the winter if I was to build a shelter around it. We kept it in the shed last winter so its kind of like the same thing right? We drained it and used the anitfreeze stuff the pool store sold us. Its just a pain to move with the sand in it. Any suggestions?

mastiffs08 said:
I know its a little early to be thinking about this but I was wondering if you could keep a sand filter and pump outside during the winter if I was to build a shelter around it. We kept it in the shed last winter so its kind of like the same thing right? We drained it and used the anitfreeze stuff the pool store sold us. Its just a pain to move with the sand in it. Any suggestions?
What I do is move the pump indoors and leave the filter where it is. Drain it (remember where you leave the cap!), use antifreeze, put the valve on Winterize and use plastic sheeting to cover the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.