Steps after doing the Ascorbic Treatment

Jun 18, 2009
I just did the Ascorbic Treatment and now the brown stains have turned white. What do I do now? Also, the original spot that I did the Vit. C tablet on is still far "blue-er" or cleaner than the rest of the pool. Should I add more Ascorbic Acid to get the pool back to it's natural "blue" - I also have small rust dots....HELP!!!!

Hi there, Welcome to TFP.

I split your question to form your own topic, you'll get more responses this way.

Can you post a full set of test results.

Also, please create a signature to include your pool info. Go to User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Signature.

Thanks. Experts will be along shortly to advise. :goodjob:

What exactly have you done so far? How long have you allowed the ascorbic acid to work and how much have you put in? Without the details we really can't help you. Also please post a full set of test results. If you have rust spots appearing now you have not done it properly. Have you raised your FC levels yet?
Have you read the thread on how to do the ascorbic acid treatment? It does cover all the steps needed!
ascorbic-treatment-to-rid-pool-of-metal-stains-t2298.html
The above thread is located in the "further reading' section of pool school. (Link to pool school is in the upper right corner of every page.) You have read ALL of pool school, right? :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.