Replace seals on a Jandy ball valve?

Jnet

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 15, 2017
Chicago/Northwest, IL
Just bought a house with a pool. My first. Thanks to everyone here who has helped so much already! I'd be lost w/o TFP! The suction side of my pump is fed by a 3-port diverter fed by three 2" pipes. (Spa, Skimmers & Main, L to R) Each has a ball valve. The pool is fairly old and wasn't maintained very well for several years. The diverter works well and appears to be in good shape. The ball valves, however, don't seem to work at all. I can close all three and the there's still plenty of water going through the pump. My goal is to close the main drain, at least partially, to get more skimmer action. I've opened and cleaned the valves and verified that nothing inside is broken. They definitely close when I turn the handle. There's a seal below the ball that I'm thinking I might try to replace, but I can't find parts for these valves. Is it worth trying to repair them, or should I just replace? Any advice is appreciated. There's a picture below. It's not great, but it gets the point across... And yes, I've cleaned up the pad area since I took this shot;)
SuctionSide.JPG

They are definitely designed to be repaired. First, try some silicon o-ring lube to see if that solves the problem. You can buy repair parts at Inyo Pools.

No, those are ball valves and are not repairable. Cut them out and replace them with Jandy or Pentair valves so that in the future you can repair them and not have to replace them. I was looking at that Jandy valve you have under the actuator in front of the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.