When you really need to sweep constantly but just don't have time...

ta2dwonderwoman

Bronze Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
fall river ks
I am working to get my pool ready to go and it started off very dirty. I've not had very much luck with my vacuuming situation and I needed to get it clean quick so I had to come up with a way to keep the crud suspended in the water instead of on the bottom so that my filter can take care of it. Unfortunately I have a stupid job so I can't just sit out there and play with the pool all day during the week so to keep that process moving even while I'm working I created this little invention... it is a water bottle with some sand and marbles in it and then it is zip tied to the end of the hose that came with my Intex vacuum the water pressure coming out of the hose keeps it moving around and blowing things up off the bottom even when I can't be out there. The super bonus is that it actually gets up against the wall and the pressure is just enough to flip open the little seam along the bottom edge of the pool and blow out all the crud that's in there... you just have to play with the water bottle a little bit to get it the right buoyancy so that it will float the hose just above the bottom of the pool and keep moving or but also not float too high...

another added bonus is that it gets to spots I can't quite reach from the deck or the sides even with my pole!

ps...the music is to cover up my heavy breathing...I have copd and was quite out of breathe and kinda gasping a bit

Pool - YouTube

Great idea! I would do this, but I just keep my Intex robot in the pool all the time for the same purpose.

I've tried to use mine a couple of times over the last few days but I think there's just too much crud in the water because it wasn't really picking up much of anything... I will wait until it's a little bit cleaner and then give it another try. Every time I open it up there's almost nothing on the screen... I think this particular vacuum is better for upkeep rather than getting clean when you're in bad shape. I've seen so many positive reviews on them but then I've also seen some negative so I don't know how it will work out but I'm sure going to give it a chance

And when I try to use my vacuum on the pole it starts off vacuuming and then before too long I'm getting no suction at all and in the end it pressures up my pump to the point where I can barely turn the dial on the top until I do a couple of backwash and rinses to release the pressure... I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but it was frustrating me yesterday so I just stop trying and will try to get it figured out before too long but I'm really hoping that my little Intex vacuum does the trick and I don't even need to worry about the other one

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.