Electrical problems

Just closed on a home with a beautiful IG pool. I'm a DYI guy, but my knowledge is limited on pools as this is my first. Okay, pool inspector did a walk through with me and there are 3 electrical problems:

1. Bonding wire not connected to inlet pump, heater, or spa blower

2. External time clock is wired to Pentair Intelliflo pump. He said this is not necessary since the pump has its own internal clock and that this setup will shorten the life of the pump.

3. GFIC receptacle has reversed polarity (I think I can figure that one out).

I am attaching a picture of my equipment. I'm having trouble uploading pictures, so more to follow. Thanks in advance for any advice!

David

IMG_0395.jpgIMG_0402.jpg

Danny...would you look through these pics and tell about the puck feeder. It says chlorine and bromine...so is it just for the hot tub or is it for the pool too? Last night his FC was 3 and CYA 100...so pool math said add 230 0z to get to 13...but this morn his FC is 18....18k gallon pool....looks like it needs some water though. So either it is getting fed chlorine through a feeder or the volume is off?

Thanks!

That is such a pretty pool and area! No wonder you bought it!

Thanks for setting up your signature! Hummmm I wonder who has been in your ears :roll: LOL

Puck feeder-turn everything off. Open up the top and see what is in there. Use care with your face as there might be some chlorine fumes that may come up to say hi. For right now leave what is in there in there until we get you all sorted out.

Here is a link to using chlorine in a spa:

How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?)

I am so glad you are here and have started a thread! :hug:

Kim:kim:

There are chlorine pucks and bromine pucks and it can do either. But, they cannot be mixed, it has to be one or the other. And bromine isnt the best option for anything outdoor because it cannot be protected from the sun like CYA can protect chlorine. That equipment looks to serve the pool and spa. So, best to just manage the pool and mix the water together periodically via the spillover. Then if you can close the pool and leave the spa open for winter then you can manage it more like a spa using this process, How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.