Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wilbar Hybrid Pool vs Doughboy Hybrid Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Wilbar Hybrid Pool vs Doughboy Hybrid Pool

Good evening,

I'm looking to purchase either a 21' or 24' AGP pool. I've narrowed down my choices to a local dealer with a Doughboy Hybrid pool with an aluminum service panel (Sea Shore) or an on-line dealer with a Wilbar Hybrid pool with a stainless steel service panel (Saltwater 5000). Both pools have a 7" all resin top cap/seat. Is one better than the other and is their any concern with the aluminum service panel? Any feedback from current Wilbar or Doughboy pool owners?

Thank you,

Steve

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wilbar Hybrid Pool vs Doughboy Hybrid Pool

Our pool is a wilbar made pool from what I could research. It has the stainless steel panel where the skimmer and returns are located, resin bottom rails and top rails. It is at least 4-5yrs old as we got it from a family members rental house where the previous tenants had it installed at least 3yrs and we've had it one.

It is holding up like a champ, even being relocated. I like that the stainless is better at resisting rust. I'm not sure how an aluminum panel would be but I would think it would hold up just as well but be a little softer being aluminum.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -