Clear water with green tint after 1st use of SWG

We recently purchased an Intex 22x52 ultra frame pool. We also purchased an Intex Saltwater System with E.C.O..
We spent all week leveling our ground and filling the pool. So, last night after running the filter pump for 24 hours I turned on the Saltwater System. This morning the water is clear but has a green tint to it. We did use our well to fill the pool. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Rachel, your well inspection documents should say what ppm iron is in the well.
Manàging pool water on well is a pita, I know, as I'm on well too. For the moment, run your filter 24/7 for a few days, lower your ph to 7.2, and if you decide to use metal sequestrant, we recommend Jack's Magic Purple specifically for salt water pools. Not all metal sequestrants/control work right with the salt syśtems.

Depending on your raw well water readings, I will have further advice for ongoing managment, but this should get you clear.

They can swim....no harm.

You have a well with iron content....regardless of what the report says (although most of the time, they get it right)

The iron in your well water has been exposed to the locally high pH of chlorine. This causes the iron to precipitate into minute small particles that can still float but now are visible as yellowish orangeish iron (think rust). That color combined with the blue pool water, gives you the green look.

I would leave it alone for now and let your filter go to work on it. If your demand for more well water is not too high, it will go away.....usually in a few days.

If the iron is high enough that this problem reoccurs, you will have to use a sequestrant. They will keep the iron in suspension but then they "wear out" and you will need to add more. It's all manageable and, if the content is low enough, you may not have to deal with it again

I am having the same issue today, but I don't have well water. We use city water. Bought the pool, filled it up a few days ago, and water has been crystal clear. SWG arrived Wednesday, so we set it up and let the filter pump run 24 hrs as suggested, then turned on the SWG this morning. A few hour later, it's got a green tint. Water is still clear, just colored. I'm freaking out because tomorrow is my 7 yr old's birthday party, and we rushed to get the pool set up in time for it. Now I'm smacking myself because I have NO IDEA how to get it back UNgreen and I don't want our friends thinking we just don't know how to maintain a pool. lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.