Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Suggestion's on replumb on Aboveground

1. Back To Top    #1

Suggestion's on replumb on Aboveground

This 1.5 pipe.Had to cut because I could never get water blown out of line when I winterized this past year.I want to have control over the second return.So I am going to put a valve in.But,I also want to be able to drain the water out of line for the winter.Any Suggestion's Thank"s
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Suggestion's on replumb on Aboveground

Put a tee in where you cut the pipe. Put a threaded cap or valve so you can drain it there next winter. Or put a union in.
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank's,I was at Lowe's over the weekend and every plug I seen was non pressure.May just go with union valve and just unscrew it to let water drain.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJadamec View Post
    Put a tee in where you cut the pipe. Put a threaded cap or valve so you can drain it there next winter. Or put a union in.
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

IMG_20170507_175717095_HDR.jpgGot it!! Thank's

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks perfect next time you winterize pull that plug and leave it out until you open the pool in the spring.
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks perfect next time you winterize pull that plug and leave it out until you open the pool in the spring.
    That's the plan.I lost a lot of water this past winter.I quess that's what happen's when you have two inlet's