Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Aqua Brite AQ15

1. Back To Top    #1

New Aqua Brite AQ15

We just installed our new SWG and I have a stupid question. The system is working because after testing my FC levels are at 6 even though I haven't added liquid chlorine in three days. The control panel shows both power led and generating led green but when I cycle through the diagnostic the amperage shows 0 and the average salt level shows 0. I currently have the output set at 35%, so to my question is this normal ? And setting the output mean it's onl on 35% of the time or 35% capacity of the cell? Thanks for any insight.
    FC 6.0
    salt 3800-4000( using Taylor 1766)
    Last edited by YetiAsr; 04-09-2017 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Mistype
    31x22 FF IG, 16k gallon , 3.5-5.5-4.5, Hayward 425 cartridge, Tristar variable speed, Aqua Rite AQ15 SWG, HPC 4 wireless controller, LED, Texas Grey pebble finish, Taylor K 2006 and 1766,speedstir ,New build in central Texas....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Aqua Brite AQ15

Quote Originally Posted by YetiAsr View Post
    We just installed our new SWG and I have a stupid question. The system is working because after testing my FC levels are at 6 even though I haven't added liquid chlorine in three days. The control panel shows both power led and generating led green but when I cycle through the diagnostic the amperage shows 0 and the average salt level shows 0. I currently have the output set at 35%, so to my question is this normal ? And setting the output mean it's onl on 35% of the time or 35% capacity of the cell? Thanks for any insight.
    FC 6.0
    salt 3800-4000( using Taylor 1766)
    +1, installed ours last month (same model and cell) and have noticed the exact same thing. The correct cell is chosen in the config. Sometimes it will show an instant reading but most of the time it's -0. System is working, no added chlorine in a month and testing normally.

Chris

Chris

17k IG plaster, Pentair FNS DE, Aquarite 40k SWG, & Polaris 380 (AKA "Jacques") using city water

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeti,

35% means the cell is only on 35% of the time. Cell's can't adjust their output, so they adjust how much time they run.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Jim, I just checked mine again and it's reading, so I must have caught it in a down cycle. How do you like the system thus far Chris?
    31x22 FF IG, 16k gallon , 3.5-5.5-4.5, Hayward 425 cartridge, Tristar variable speed, Aqua Rite AQ15 SWG, HPC 4 wireless controller, LED, Texas Grey pebble finish, Taylor K 2006 and 1766,speedstir ,New build in central Texas....

5. Back To Top    #5

It’s a 180 minute cycle. At 35%, it will run for 63 minutes and then rest for 117 minutes.
    Power and Generating lights will be on even when resting.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    It’s a 180 minute cycle. At 35%, it will run for 63 minutes and then rest for 117 minutes.
    Power and Generating lights will be on even when resting.
    Thanks James, I love this sight, there is such a wealth of knowledge here. Thanks guys

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by YetiAsr View Post
    Thanks Jim, I just checked mine again and it's reading, so I must have caught it in a down cycle. How do you like the system thus far Chris?
    Love it, had a lot of trouble with algae before I switched; was having to shock once a week and keep tons of chlorine in floaters and in the baskets just to try to stay ahead. Now it just stays sparkling clean.

Chris

17k IG plaster, Pentair FNS DE, Aquarite 40k SWG, & Polaris 380 (AKA "Jacques") using city water