Please Help. Pool store and Google are useless. I

I want a robotic cleaner. One of those cool ones that does everything. Looked at the polaris 9650iq it seemed perfect. Then the pool store tells me. "oh no. not for vinyl." I have an inground vinyl liner 28/20ml. The pool store says they don't make a robotic for vinyl. My Hayward just can't keep up with the cleaning and the leaves. I only have a 1/2 hp pump and it's one of those suction lines that you have to pull out the basket to use. The whole thing is a mess. Please does anyone know what kind of robots work for vinyl. I've searched Google but all info is several years old.

Maytronics Dolphins are an excellent line of clearners. They makes some fine robots that are very reliable and that work wonders when used on Vinyl. You do have to be a bit careful when selecting one though. The ones with HIGH power scrubbers, or 3 or 4 scrubbers on them, might be a bit harsh on a liner. The Nautilus Plus, Discovery, S200 thru S300 and the Triton would all be just fine for a vinyl pool.

I have a Nautilus and love the thing. Going into year 4 on my liner and never had a problem with either the liner or the robot

A robot with 2 soft scrubbers would be great, but I would stay away with those that have 3 or more.

I want a robotic cleaner. One of those cool ones that does everything. Looked at the polaris 9650iq it seemed perfect. Then the pool store tells me. "oh no. not for vinyl." I have an inground vinyl liner 28/20ml. The pool store says they don't make a robotic for vinyl. My Hayward just can't keep up with the cleaning and the leaves. I only have a 1/2 hp pump and it's one of those suction lines that you have to pull out the basket to use. The whole thing is a mess. Please does anyone know what kind of robots work for vinyl. I've searched Google but all info is several years old.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.