Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please Help. Pool store and Google are useless. I

1. Back To Top    #1

Please Help. Pool store and Google are useless. I

I want a robotic cleaner. One of those cool ones that does everything. Looked at the polaris 9650iq it seemed perfect. Then the pool store tells me. "oh no. not for vinyl." I have an inground vinyl liner 28/20ml. The pool store says they don't make a robotic for vinyl. My Hayward just can't keep up with the cleaning and the leaves. I only have a 1/2 hp pump and it's one of those suction lines that you have to pull out the basket to use. The whole thing is a mess. Please does anyone know what kind of robots work for vinyl. I've searched Google but all info is several years old.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Please Help. Pool store and Google are useless. I

Welcome to TFP!

This one ought to be good for vinyl, Doheny's Saturn Powered by Dolphin-Doheny's Pool Supplies Fast . it has one less brush so it will be easier on the vinyl. It is easy to clean the basket and does a great job. More about the Discovery , two brush model that I have here, First Robotic Cleaner, Doheny's Discovery. Also more about my cleaner in my pool thread, link in sig.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Maytronics Dolphins are an excellent line of clearners. They makes some fine robots that are very reliable and that work wonders when used on Vinyl. You do have to be a bit careful when selecting one though. The ones with HIGH power scrubbers, or 3 or 4 scrubbers on them, might be a bit harsh on a liner. The Nautilus Plus, Discovery, S200 thru S300 and the Triton would all be just fine for a vinyl pool.

I have a Nautilus and love the thing. Going into year 4 on my liner and never had a problem with either the liner or the robot

A robot with 2 soft scrubbers would be great, but I would stay away with those that have 3 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by poolplayer View Post
    I want a robotic cleaner. One of those cool ones that does everything. Looked at the polaris 9650iq it seemed perfect. Then the pool store tells me. "oh no. not for vinyl." I have an inground vinyl liner 28/20ml. The pool store says they don't make a robotic for vinyl. My Hayward just can't keep up with the cleaning and the leaves. I only have a 1/2 hp pump and it's one of those suction lines that you have to pull out the basket to use. The whole thing is a mess. Please does anyone know what kind of robots work for vinyl. I've searched Google but all info is several years old.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

well I sent this question from the pool store. I only have Sundays off. I ended up buying a polaris 9650iq. Anyone have any opinions on this cleaner?

5. Back To Top    #5

My local pool store only sells polaris and I don't like to buy anything over $200 online.

6. Back To Top    #6

Polaris has the Prowler 920, which is the same as the s200, Discovery, Triton (in a cool color way). Might see if they have that available.
    Our pool- (Completed March 2009)
    20k gallons, 38x15 Free Form Gunite (3.5'-8'), 26' Negative Edge and 7' Negative Edge spa with blower, Midnight Blue Diamondbrite, AquaLogic PS-8 control, Goldline Salt Chlorine Generator, 2x1.5hp Pentair 2 speed pumps, Pentair DE Filter, Pentair 400k BTU Heater, and BlackMaxPolaris 280 w/ Hayward booster pump, Pentair Prowler 920, DIY Stenner Chlorinator