Opening in about 3-4 weeks

May 14, 2015
Grand Blanc/Michigan
A big wind storm blew threw Michigan and left me wrestling the cover back on the inground pool. In the process some of the dirty water on top of the cover got into the pool. So now I have a very stinky and discolored pool. I can't tell exactly what shade of brown to green it is right now with the cover on but it stinks. I was wondering if it was worth it to dump some bleach in the pool now before I open it in a couple of weeks?
Here is the reading I got 55 degrees, FC 0, CC 0, PH 7.0, TA 50, CH 90, CYA 0, Borates 30.

You can put in some bleach but you need to make sure that you "agitate" the water enough that it doesn't just fall and burn your liner. I would agree with the group and consider just opening the pool now and getting things in order. It is very easy to maintain in low temps. Little bleach and low pump run time requirements this time of year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.