Chlorine not showing up in SWG.

Feb 19, 2017
Tampa
Hello

We just got the okay to add salt to our resurfaced pool and also added Chlorine. I added both the salt 640 pounds, and Chlorine 110 ounces of 10% bleach on Friday. Today, I tested and the salt is 2100 ( I already knew I would need more salt) but the chlorine is still not showing up. The pool pump has been running 24/7 since the salt was added and the SWG was turned on yesterday.

Not sure what I might be missing? Does the chlorine take a while to show up? I will be adding muriatic acid for the PH today but am not sure if I should add more chlorine.

TA is 120
CYA = 60
PH is 8.0
CH = 300

Thanks, Tom

The SWG won't produce CL if the salt level is too low. A warning should have shown on the display. I would continue to use liquid CL until you have the salt level correct.

Added the additional salt yesterday afternoon and also added muriatic acid to lower the PH which was 8.0, and liquid bleach 10%. Still not showing any chlorine when testing today. Not sure how long until I should see the chlorine levels increase?

How much bleach did you add?

How old is your test kit?

At this point you may have something consuming all of the chlorine. I would bring it up to at least 10 ppm with liquid chlorine and then see if you lose anything overnight to warrant a SLAM.

Each gallon of bleach will add only 3.5 ppm to that size pool so I would add at least two gallons but if there is something growing, it will take a lot more than that.

I've been checking about 12 hours later. Today I checked an hour after adding 3 gallons of 10% and I have a lot of FC. I tried testing the exact amount but is was using too any drops. I will see how it does overnight.

Thanks, Tom

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.