Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New AGP pump question

1. Back To Top    #1

New AGP pump question

Good morning!
    I am replacing our current 2HP pump and have a question on if the one I am eyeing will work well with our pool size and filter size. I am looking at the Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix 2 speed 1HP. My concern is if this will be enough pump for our 27' round pool with 250lb sand filter. We don't have a heater or SWG. I don't have one now but would like to get a robot cleaner someday to save me some vac time during the week so there is that to consider as well.

Are there any other pumps to consider that are good quality? Our current 2HP Hayward we seemed too have more trouble with than I hoped. Leaking into motor compartment, seals.....and now I think bearings just went out completely = my search for new pump.

thanks everyone!
    Anne
    27' x 54" AG Morada RTR/19,300 gal/ 1hp-2spd Hayward Power-Flo Matrix/Hayward 256T sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New AGP pump question

That's a very fine choice. You matched the pool, pump and filter perfectly. You will save a lot of money running that pump as opposed to your current 2 HP model.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Dave! If we add a SWG in the future will the 1HP be enough still? Or 1.5 better choice?
    **We have 1.5" pvc piping
    27' x 54" AG Morada RTR/19,300 gal/ 1hp-2spd Hayward Power-Flo Matrix/Hayward 256T sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

1 hp will be fine if you add an SWG.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks!!