Filter gauge - what should it read when off?

what should my reading go up to once i start the filtration?
Depends entirely on how much "junk" is captured by your filter. The psi may be somewhere between 8-16 when the filter is clean but steadily increasing as the filter gets dirtier. Backwash when that pressure rises by 25% over the clean pressure.

That "could" be the case, or the gauge is completely whack. You will want to replace as quick as possible. Maybe even consider not starting the slam until it is replaced.

Clearing out a messy pool, when i switched pump and filter on to 'filter' mode, the reading shot up from

0.3 bar off
1 bar on

4 psi off
15 psi on
Is the equipment installed in the basement below the pool? If so, 4 PSI when off may not be that far off of reality. That would be about 9' below water level which is the equivalent of one story below water level.

That "could" be the case, or the gauge is completely whack. You will want to replace as quick as possible. Maybe even consider not starting the slam until it is replaced.

I most defo will not be starting the slam untill the gauge is replaced. Was thinking to start the system with it just to make sure everything is working as it should. Once i have filtered it for 30 mins, i will redo my taylor k2006 test for more up to date/accurate readings.

Sound like a good idea?

Is the equipment installed in the basement below the pool? If so, 4 PSI when off may not be that far off of reality. That would be about 9' below water level which is the equivalent of one story below water level.

In case you missed this question because we posted at the same time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.