Filter basket lid popped at the pump and still ran!!!

Casey

TFP Expert
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Ah __________________! Hope it didn't kill my pump! :rant:

I went out today to turn my pump off and I have never seen this before...

The cover for the pump basket popped off on the one side but the other side was still on. I turned the pump off because it wasn't reading the pressure <duh> and the water works exploded through it from the force of pressure.

____ __________ _______ ________ _____!!! :rant:

I ran in the garage to find WalMart shopping bags to plug my skimmer and eyeball but only found one. Ran in the house and got another one. I took the lid off after stopping the water and the black O ring is alot bigger than it's suppose to be. <HOW THE HECK DOES THAT HAPPEN?!> I guess I need a new one but am I gonna find one? it's a HayWard DE filter. :hammer: <Are these the O rings waste said they aren't making anymore?> :hammer:

I hope my guy at the Pool Store has them!

Hi Casey :wave: Sorry to hear about the problem :cry:

Speaking of which, what is the problem????? :? You start out saying the pump lid was 1/2 off and then ask about the filter o- ring :scratch:

When you see your guy at the pool store pic up 2 SP 1022 -C 1 1/2" threaded plugs (with the o- ring) - Wal-mart bags are prone to premature failure :lol:

Let me know what's going on and I'll help as I can :-D

It's the black O ring on the pump basket lid.

I got a new one but didn't pick up the O rings for the filter. I'll go get a couple next time but it seems as though the side of the lid cracked off and that's why half was on and half was not.

I just got a new lid that comes with the rubber black ring to seal it. I'm gonna go out and recharge the filter after I clean it and put it on and hopefully, all will be well. If I need help, you'll be the first person I ask! 8)

Pump is *A* Okay! We're up and running!

Thanks for the AWESOME site! 8)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.