I can't believe it!!!

ta2dwonderwoman

Bronze Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
fall river ks
i did it...i set up my new sand filter/pump and swg all by myself!!! (Hubby did the heavy lifting for me )

I got my vacuum moving at least although it wasn't actually picking up much turns out. I think it's because the inside housing was not straight so I've got it straightened out now and hopefully it will be going to work tomorrow.

That being said I think I lost a lot of water over the last couple of days so I'm afraid I may have a leak somewhere but I'll have to keep an eye on things and see how that goes.

Tomorrow my main concern will be getting the leaves and excess dirt vacuumed out so that the auto vacuum isn't being asked to be a superhero, and once I get that reasonably accomplished I will start doing some testing and getting my water into balance for my new setup.

Also was able to get my over the wall skimmer all set up and working correctly and it pulled out about 70 pounds of crud in the first hour I had it running! It is awesome to see all the stuff on the top of the water on its way to the skimmer instead of just floating around and being obnoxious!

I have some reading to do tonight to get up to par, and then my entire day tomorrow will be spent working it out...

I'm excited to start testing my water because I now have a Speed stirrerr and I can't tell you how excited I am to start using it!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, i need to update my signature now!

20170408_183740.jpg

This was the basic setup that hasn't been neatened up yet... I have a little bit more stuff to do to make it all neat and pretty, but it is all running right as far as i can tell. I was able to successfully back wash and rinse so I feel like I have a good handle on how that all works.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.