Looking for a cleaner that will do 3 things, choices are driving me crazy.

I have a Polaris 9500 that is just not getting the job done. It keeps getting stuck on the lower pool step and despite pulling it off it keeps missing major areas of my pool. I'm looking for a robot that can clean my pool, keep from getting stuck on the step, and also have a cartridge instead of a bag.

When the Polaris is set for floor only it still climbs a little and gets stuck. I need the bottom of the pool cleaned probably 5 times for every full side and bottom clean.

This forum has been interesting but I still can't figure out which unit will do the job and hopefully last more than a year or two. Please point me in the right direction. This has been a frustrating few weeks.

Do any of the pool stores in your area let you try out loaners? When I was looking around for cleaners, I had already decided that an S300i was the one I wanted. But, when I actually talked to the various shops around me, all them asked if I would like to demo a model for a couple of days...I was surprised by this but they all asked. Perhaps if you found a store that has demo models to try out, you might find one you like better than your current setup.

I have a Polaris 9500 that is just not getting the job done. It keeps getting stuck on the lower pool step and despite pulling it off it keeps missing major areas of my pool. I'm looking for a robot that can clean my pool, keep from getting stuck on the step, and also have a cartridge instead of a bag.

When the Polaris is set for floor only it still climbs a little and gets stuck. I need the bottom of the pool cleaned probably 5 times for every full side and bottom clean.

This forum has been interesting but I still can't figure out which unit will do the job and hopefully last more than a year or two. Please point me in the right direction. This has been a frustrating few weeks.

How does it get stuck on the pool step? Doesn't it reverse its way off?

In the off road world it's called high centering. You get your chassis stuck up high and your wheels don't touch the ground.

Been there and done that, now I understand, the bots with tracks and brushes on both sides tend to be a little better in this regard, but they can still get stuck like that as well if they get in the proper position.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bought after my first robot died and a new motor was over $600. This one needed to be sent back once for service. It was absolutely great with my last pool but disappointing with my new pool.

Does the cord tangle with the M500? I do like that even w/o a swivel my Polaris has never tangled.

One local pool store has the Active 20 that they loan for demo. I called yesterday and spoke with the knowledgeable service lady about the unit. Unfortunately, when I arrived after work to borrow the loaner someone else had loaned it out. They allow up to a week loan period. ;(

The unit sound pretty good but their "sale" price is $1049. I am willing to pay a premium to buy local but when the base price is hundreds above mail order and then sales tax is added they are really asking a lot. If it works well I will ask them about matching online pricing.

Is the Active 20i worth the difference over an active 20?

Still like third brush st on the M5/500...

Just be very careful with online pricing and sales. Call to ensure that the product you might get online comes from a "brick & mortar" shop that is authorized to sell Dolphin cleaners. Maytronics is very explicit about their warranty - they will not honor their warranty on third party internet sales. So, if you find the unit on Amazon or eBay or some such site and its hundreds of dollars less, the person or business selling it may not be an authorized Dolphin dealer. If you do find it online, you can always call Dolphin/Maytronics to find out if it is legitimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dealer can get me an M500 new that he is allowed to get to demo at a big discount. Sounds like it will be like refurb pricing. My only question now is in the Fall with a lot of leaves in my pool will the M500 cartridge system be too small compared to the Active 30 series basket?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.