Hayward S310T2 Filter Standpipe Length

kernst

Apr 13, 2015
Tulsa, OK
We are in the process of having the stone coping replaced with a stamped concrete coping. Of course this means lots of "garbage" in the pool. When all is said and done, after the pool clears up, I plan on replacing the sand in our Hayward S310T2 filter. I'm going to also replace the laterals and standpipe assembly as well as the multi-port valve on top. All of which are a little over 6 years old and were poorly maintained by the previous owner.

I ordered the valve and lateral assembly, they arrived today. The lateral assembly is listed as the SX310DA2 and is advertised as being a 31-inch standpipe. Upon measuring the assembly it is exactly 30-inches top to bottom, including the black later line assembly at the bottom. Is that correct? It came in an unopened Hayward box with the correct part number on it. I just don't want to be halfway through a sand change and find out it's an inch short.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
Kurt

I emailed Hayward tech support and they said that while I do have the correct part number, SX310DA2, that the assembly should indeed be 31" tall. They suggested I contact the retailer (Amazon) to get the part exchanged for the correct part.

I plan to change out the sand this weekend. I'll measure the existing standpipe assembly when I remove it. Worst case I'll "engineer" the standpipe with a coupler and a lil more 2" sched 40 PVC. I'll update this thread with my findings.

Follow up...

We removed the old sand from filter and removed the old lateral/standpipe assembly. I measured it at 29.5 inches. It appears there's a little leeway in the height of the standpipe, so I wasn't so concerned about using the 30 inch assembly I received. We installed the new 30 inch assembly, added pea gravel and sand, new multi-port valve, reattached PVC pipes, back-washed, and then filtered as normal. Everything works perfect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.