Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommendations for pool brush and rake/net

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommendations for pool brush and rake/net

Hello,
    I am looking for recommendations for a pool brush and pool rake/net. I've been told it is worthwhile to buy "nicer" ones than the ones given to us by the pool company. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've done some searching on the forum but haven't found what I'm looking for yet.
    Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Recommendations for pool brush and rake/net

Hello and welcome to TFP! I've purchased a couple after-market brushes. One made by "Gorilla" and the other is the "Whale Brush". Both are quite sturdy and seem to be well-built. I suspect others may have other recommendations, but that's a start. Nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I got a ProTuff 19" pool rake from Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works great and they really do give you a free replacement if it fails. Check out the reviews.
    20' x 40' 30K gallon IG Plaster with Spa, 18" wading pool & fountain built 1993
    Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo / 2HP fountain pump / 2 HP spa jet punp / Jandy Ji8000 controller with IntelliComm II interface to IntelliFlo
    Crystal Water Aqua Clean 60 Sq ft DE filter / FlowVis Flow / Stenner 22 GPD DIY Chlorinator / The Poolcleaner 4-wheel / Taylor K-2006C

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

any wale tale style brush. I almost think it should be required to start with a brush with out a tale so you can fully apricate what the tail does for brushing.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

5. Back To Top    #5

I got this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it appears to work well and looks sturdy but I haven't had it a week. It came with a certificate for lifetime warranty replacement.
    24' x 52" 13.5K gal. Doughboy Autumn Breeze AG pool. Pentair CC200 Cartridge Filter. Pentair Dynamo 1HP 2 speed pump. Dolphin E-10 robot. TF-100 Test Kit. Confer CCX-AG with curve add on pool steps. My Pool Build.