Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete decking issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Unhappy Concrete decking issue

Here's the back story, last October we had a pool installed with stamped concrete decking. Contractor sealed a few days after pouring. Fast forward to today.( We have had a mild winter in regard to snow and deep freeze temps.) I was out looking around today and noticed a roundish spot about 8 in diameter and the edges are lifted and crumbling. If I tap on it with my finger nail it sounds hollow. In my opinion it seems ready to pop off the slab. I definitely will call the contractor Monday. Are any members somewhat familiar with concrete or experienced with this issue? Is the contractor responsible? Is it a defect? I find it hard to believe there would be a fix to seemlessly blend with the rest of the slab. It's a two color stamping, which would make it somewhat easier I guess. Haven't really had the chance to use it yet........
    Rick, Fiberglass.....14 x 30 Viking Laguna - 10,000 gal. Pentair cartridge filter, gas heater, Swg, variable speed pump, Easytouch control system.
    k2006c, k1766

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Concrete decking issue

I'll bet the installer can make a decent, but not perfect, repair.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Concrete decking issue

Would this be under warranty? Possibly?
    Rick, Fiberglass.....14 x 30 Viking Laguna - 10,000 gal. Pentair cartridge filter, gas heater, Swg, variable speed pump, Easytouch control system.
    k2006c, k1766