green so shocked at 20 per pool calc....brushed twice
24 hour pump run.....POOL looks great.....touch cloudy bu
97% perfect! Retset...
FC 8
PH 7.3
TA 68
CH 147
CYA 95....I RETESTED and got 97!
I vacuumed 1/4 pool to driveway.....need to drain more? any other ideas?
Thoughts

Strange, if you used liquid chlorine and didn't add any CYA then one of your tests was faulty. You used your TF-100 for both tests? Is the water cold and, if so did you let one of the tests warm up first but not the other? Same lighting for each?

Sorry for all the questions but the only explanation is an error in testing and hoping to help you figure out which test is more likely to have been accurate.

Strange, if you used liquid chlorine and didn't add any CYA then one of your tests was faulty. You used your TF-100 for both tests? Is the water cold and, if so did you let one of the tests warm up first but not the other? Same lighting for

Sorry for all the questions but the only explanation is an error in testing and hoping to help you figure out which test is more likely to have been accurate.
No Stabilizer added, TF-100 for all 3 test, water temp 59 degrees,noon time testing sunny days, hand held. heat generated only

I'm leaning toward bad test,
(operator error) when I did my first test. Will let pump run another 24 hours and will recheck CYA. It looks like 10000 gallon drain and refill.
Hoping for the best! Lots of rain this year.POOL was drained 2 inches below eyeballs, when opened between deck and top of skimmer...maybe 6-8 inch rise

That should do, let the water warm up to around 70 before adding the reagent, that should help make sure it is an accurate test.

And accept my apologies for the dichlor assumption. That seemed to fit the results so closely.

Yeah, skip the BioActive. Water replacement works 100% of the time. Most results of CYA reducer have been zero, with a couple reports of partial success (though at least one of those had questionable testing). So it isn't worth the time or money to try it, and you might end up with a green pool on top still needing a water change.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.