FC overnight loss of 5ppm but no CC

Sep 23, 2015
Austin
Hi Guys, I've been posting in another thread but I think I will re-post here from now on since the old thread title is no longer appropriate.
does R0013 go off?
I'm SLAMming the pool
I've just tested for overnight loss and it's 5ppm.
Still no CC though.

The amount of CYA in the pool is still questionable since I'm not getting a reading at all with the reagent. Water remains clear. I was told to assume 30ppm and SLAM at 12ppm accordingly.

Since there was overnight loss, I suppose I should continue to SLAM even with no CC.

Should I add CYA today to get it 40ppm?

thanks
Karen

Having algae doesn't necessarily mean you will have any CC. 5ppm loss overnite tells you something is eating your FC though. Your reagent should be good for at least a year from purchase. If your reagent is fresh, it is still hard to read around 20 or so. Wouldn't kill it to add another 10 ppm CYA.

1. Would have been better to stay in the old thread........always. Keeps your whole story in one place. Stay in this thread now.

2. Disregard CC's. they will go up and down during SLAM. They are only important at the end.

3. Assume you have no CYA. Add accordingly to get 30 ppm in your pool. Also assume it is in there (if you have dosed carefully) and begin (or restart) your SLAM based on CYA=30 ppm.

If you overshoot your 12 ppm FC SLAM value (say, up to 16 ppm but not more) that will be OK because your CYA MIGHT be 40......don't worry about it.

4. Save that OCLT test for when your pool is looking pristine. The OCLT in this case is meant to test for the end of the SLAM.....not during.

5. Review the SLAM article again.....read every word and follow every procedure.

What does your water look like?

Thanks Dave,

pool water looks pristine. Crystal clear. There is still something on the walls and floor though. When I brush it off it just settles again and doesn't turn white - does this mean it's not being killed? I'm keeping the FC level at 12-15ppm

I've just added 10ppm cya.

Can't believe the cya disappeared that quickly.... hardly any rain over the winter here in Austin. Much less than last year and I've only had to pump out about an inch or so when we had a thunderstorm a couple of months ago.

Last year, we had loads of rain and the cya hardly went down at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep grinding bruh. Had FC loss with no CC for 3 weeks. CYA was 40-45.

really?
I'd be looking at shocking it with something else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.