Pucks while away, will I be ok?

Mar 31, 2017
Rayne, La
New owner of an old pool and this is my first post here. I think I get this whole trouble free pool thing. It all makes since to me. My one major issue is the number of times I will be away from my pool for several days to a week at a time this summer. Do I just let mc FC levels fall while away and deal with the results when I get back? Do I throw a couple Chlorine pucks in the chlorinator while I'm gone and deal with the results when I get back? How do you guys/gals handle this situation?

Welcome to TFP!

First thing to do is raise the FC level up to shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]. Then if that won't be enough to last until you return you can float a puck or two in a floater in the pool or in the puckinator.

I have an inline rainbow puck feeder that normally stays out of service. When leaving for any extended time, I raise FC level and utilize the puck feeder to keep a minimum safe FC level,while Im gone. It add some amount of CYA but not enough to make it an issue. These feeders are ~$60 and easy to install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.