Where should I dump my test-kit water?

Mar 4, 2017
Fullerton, CA
I might be pushing the theory of there being no such thing as a dumb question here, but is there a "right" place to dump my tested pool water once I have my numbers? I've been dumping it on the deck, on the theory that concrete is tough and not chemically reactive, but then I don't know what the test reagents are. Am I killing my concrete?

Would I be better off dumping it on the lawn and maybe killing those darn dandelions...?

In the small amounts used, those test reagents will not hurt the lawn. When I test outside, that's where I dump. If I'm inside, it goes down the drain.

While it won't hurt the concrete, i don't know if it might stain over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh... didn't think it was that big of a deal. We're talking parts-per-billion... Thanks, though, I'll start throwing it in the yard.
I look at it this way, my family is swimming in this pool, the little ones are more than likely swallowing water.

I'm not putting anything in this pool that does not have to be in it, period.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.