So this just happened....

The 2019 Inaugural Run of Mr. T ....

After a 2.5 hour run (Standard Clean mode), my basket was full -

Pool looks sparkly clean again....time to put away the manual vacuum and throw the keys to Mr T until the late Fall....

Reactions: Jedisparky
I pity the fool who put leaves in my pool sucka!!
latest

Reactions: PoolguyinCT
Yeah, after the most recent rains, we've had a few cold and very windy days. Today is quite windy too. So there's a ton of junk blowing into my pool....Mr. T will be back at it again tomorrow....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The 2019 Inaugural Run of Mr. T ....

After a 2.5 hour run (Standard Clean mode), my basket was full -

Pool looks sparkly clean again....time to put away the manual vacuum and throw the keys to Mr T until the late Fall....
Just stumbled into this post as I am looking to buy a robot. So, did the first 300I only last a couple years and you just replaced it? Are these models available online?

Just stumbled into this post as I am looking to buy a robot. So, did the first 300I only last a couple years and you just replaced it? Are these models available online?

Oh no, you misunderstood my post, this is the same robot. I bought it in 2017. I pull my robot out of the pool by the end of November and then store it in my garage until March. I'm in the minority though...most people just leave them in the pool all the time. The manufacturer does state that the robot should not be run when the pool water temps drop below 60F but p[lenty of people ignore that. Over winter I get very few leaves or stuff in my pool so I can easily manually vacuum the pool.

I bought my robot locally from a pool store that sells and services Dolphins. I wanted to go local brick & mortar to avoid the hassle of trying to ship them out in case of repair and I have a shop 3 miles from my house where they repair and service all robots and pool cleaner models. It was worth the extra cost to me to have an established relationship by buying it retail. Dolphin authorized repair shops are NOT under any obligation to repair robots, they can limit repairs to only customers they sold the units to so I felt going local was the best option for me. Many folks here have used Doheny's or Marina's to purchase robots but you can't do it online, you have to call them in order to get the warranty. Only issue with that is if you need repair, you will have to ship the unit out and that can cost upwards of $50 due to the size and weight of these units (not to mention you probably want to tack on insurance just to be safe).

Reactions: nemeth8
I'm on season 4 with mine. The standard warranty is 24 months and you can get an extra year with many credit cards. Knock wood no problems yet. My old Dolphin robot easily had 12+ years of problem-free use (and it still works but the power supply is fried).

Reactions: nemeth8
@JoyfulNoise I take it that you aren't manually vacuuming during the pool season? I think earlier in the thread you mentioned that you were still doing the manual vac once a week or so. I haven't manually vacuumed at all (except using the leaf buster on occasion) and the robot does a fantastic job of getting the finest of materials. Right now we have a lot of cedar pollen and between the hairnet in the skimmer and the bot (Rosario) has been doing a great job of getting it out of the pool.

I don’t manually vacuum during the pool season unless there’s a specific issue that requires a manual vacuum (like DE getting into the pool). Otherwise it’s the robots job to clean and I only really need to use it a few times per week. My pool stays relatively clean as I have no trees near it.

Reactions: HeyEng
So just received my S300 from Marina, thought I'd give it a go this morning to clean up some leaves, debris, etc. The robot got stuck on the first pass on my ledge (see pic). 101760

Anything I can do program wise for it to ignore this type of thing/get it to keep going? Hope so, would hate to have a $850 unused robot!

Not that I’ve identified. You’ll find somewhere in the 83 page Owner’s thread that our robot gets stuck on our bench (I’d describe your picture as a bench, not a ledge) about 25% of the time. And even with that it’s still 100% better than my old cleaner. But not something I can rely on to be left alone to clean multiple times while not supervised. However, that fits my use case. Sorry I don’t offer better news for that particular issue.

It should be reversing. I see no reason why it should get stuck up there. It certainly won’t clean a narrow ledge line that effectively but, once it gets up there and runs for a minute or so, it should reverse.

Can you watch it while it’s on the ledge? As @Arizonarob said, the S300i can do floor only mode.

Not that I’ve identified. You’ll find somewhere in the 83 page Owner’s thread that our robot gets stuck on our bench (I’d describe your picture as a bench, not a ledge) about 25% of the time. And even with that it’s still 100% better than my old cleaner. But not something I can rely on to be left alone to clean multiple times while not supervised. However, that fits my use case. Sorry I don’t offer better news for that particular issue.

A ledge is 10” or less, aka S1 measurement

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.