Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: So this just happened....

1. Back To Top    #21

So this just happened....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    Matt,

When one of mine dies, that is going to be my next Dolphin purchase.. I'm jealous!!

As far as taking it in and out of your pool goes, when you take it out, I suggest you not wrap the cable up on a caddie..

My theory is that coiling the cable on the caddie and letting it sit for a few days causes the cable to become less flexible and increases the likelihood the cable will tangle.

I lay my cable on the deck with a couple of very large loops..

I think you will love it, no matter what your family names it.

Jim R.
    Thanks Jim.

Yes, the guy at the shop said the exact same thing - DO NOT tightly coil the cable with sharp bends. He was ok with the caddy and just said to coil it up loose and big.

I'm pretty stoked about this little guy. Tomorrow will be its official christening and launch...wish me luck in the naming negotiations

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

2. Back To Top    #22

Re: So this just happened....

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTX View Post
    +1 Festivus lol
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Pretty dog..................
    Thank you gents!

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #23

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    Thanks Jim.

Yes, the guy at the shop said the exact same thing - DO NOT tightly coil the cable with sharp bends. He was ok with the caddy and just said to coil it up loose and big.

I'm pretty stoked about this little guy. Tomorrow will be its official christening and launch...wish me luck in the naming negotiations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How about "Clean-Logic", so that you can think of Brian and me every time you use it..

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #24

Nice! I think a proper Disney name would be Wall-E. bring your lunch box

OB IG Freeform 35x16', 16k gal, SWG IC40, Pentair IntellifloXF 3HP, CCP520, Quartzscapes Tahoe Blue, LED Bubbler, 2 5G LEDs, Turbo Twister Slide, Easytouch, Screenlogic. My Build

5. Back To Top    #25

TFP Guide

You'd just have to check with Nini.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #26

Right, Wall-E is taken. Do we need a robot name registration log?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #27

Hahaha! How about Jacques?

OB IG Freeform 35x16', 16k gal, SWG IC40, Pentair IntellifloXF 3HP, CCP520, Quartzscapes Tahoe Blue, LED Bubbler, 2 5G LEDs, Turbo Twister Slide, Easytouch, Screenlogic. My Build

8. Back To Top    #28

Nice!
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

9. Back To Top    #29

Congrats!!!!

~14K gallon - AquaRite AQR15 SWG - pool Newly plastered on April 9 2016
    TF100 kit - STA-RITE SYSTEM3 Modular Media Filtration - Model S8M150
    Pool water supply from on site water well = CH of ~350 and TA of ~350
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner/Pentair Model 011018 VS Pump
    Sundance Altamar Hot tub separate from pool / central Oklahoma

10. Back To Top    #30

If you access the secret menu, you can enable "Ludicrous" speed.

At Ludicrous speed, it will clean an Olympic sized pool in under 3 seconds.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

11. Back To Top    #31

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    If you access the secret menu, you can enable "Ludicrous" speed.

At Ludicrous speed, it will clean an Olympic sized pool in under 3 seconds.

Matt

12. Back To Top    #32

LOL!! I can officially attest that ludicrous mode is truly ludicrous. Scary fast.
    TFP Moderator

13. Back To Top    #33

Well folks, there was a great deal of pressure and whining to go with Disney so I decided to deploy some strategery and reverse psychology. I told them Disney names were ok BUT i would propose them and they could only vote yes or no.

So, knowing they were boys I went straight for the most odious and dreaded name in all of boyhood - ELSA! They totally flipped out and refused. So then I proposed Ariel from The Little Mermaid...total revulsion. I hit a couple more girly ones - Belle, Snow White, etc, etc. When I saw their interest start to wane, that's when I hit them with the name I thought would work best -

Tamatoa!

For those not up on the latest Disney info, Tamatoa plays the decorator crab in the movie Moana that has, by far, one of the best songs in the score - Shiny.

Jemaine Clement - Shiny (From ) - YouTube

As a side bonus, I can refer to it as "Mr. T" -

So tomorrow morning, the cleaner will receive its name - Tamatoa (Mr. T)

Matt

14. Back To Top    #34

I like it! The Mr. T part.
    TFP Moderator

15. Back To Top    #35

Good choice, I like that song/character. I didn't even know that was his name and I have to watch Moana every day. We watched in three times today.

16. Back To Top    #36

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    I like it! The Mr. T part.
    "I pity the POOL that messes with Mr T!"

Quote Originally Posted by joanniern View Post
    Good choice, I like that song/character. I didn't even know that was his name and I have to watch Moana every day. We watched in three times today.
    Yeah, it's my favorite part in the entire movie. I usually hum it to myself once per day.

The really weird part is my 1 year old daughter is fascinated with the movie. She will literally sit there, wide-eyed watching it and gets really excited when Maui sings the "You're Welcome" song. She claps and giggles. It's hilarious to watch.

Matt

17. Back To Top    #37

TFP Guide

I was going to suggest Agua Bright. Probably the closest to Aqua Bright you may get for a while - since you need to save you pennies for all those college educations you'll be paying for.

But since you already picked a name.....

(yeah - that's "AGUA" - with a G - as in water, not "AQUA")
    Last edited by proavia; 04-07-2017 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Clarification - aGua= water
    Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment

18. Back To Top    #38

LOL!!!!
    TFP Moderator

19. Back To Top    #39

Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Robots are a marvelous invention. Especially for people like me who are naturally lazy.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

20. Back To Top    #40

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Robots are a marvelous invention. Especially for people like me who are naturally lazy.
    Thanks, Dave! I'm looking forward to seeing it perform. The Bluetooth control option is kind of neat. Since I'm home a lot, I may find myself driving it around the pool making fake battle noises - "pew pew, pew pew pew, kapowie! Take evil plum leaf!!"

Wife says I'd better share with the kids; I'm like "Heck no! I failed that part of kindergarten where they taught sharing..."

Matt

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast