Skimmer Leak and Suction Side Vacuum

Jul 15, 2016
Florida
I had a leak detection company tell me that I had a leak at the skimmer pipe connection (somewhere at the the pipe thread connection) and he tried to fix it with some two part epoxy. We'll see if it holds. He told me to stop using my suction side vacuum at the skimmer connection because it will just aggravate the problem. I don't disagree with him. However, I'd still like to use my vacuum. Since my pool equipment is located very close to my pool, would there be anything wrong with putting a tee and valve off one of my pump suction lines and use a flex hose direct from the pump to my vacuum? Any other ideas / suggestions?

Thanks
Dennis

You maight have to rig a little better connector than flex-hose but your idea is solid. With a little thought it will work.

If it's in the budget. a complete fix requiring no thought at all but rather some significant money is to buy a robot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.